Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day

happy mother's day y'all! I had a great day. Daddy-o took the kids to church while i slept, i got off work at 7a. everybody (read mom, mil, fil, bil, sil, 3 cousins, and of course my house mates) came over to my house for bbq lunch and then it was time for the games. it was a nice clear day with a high of 76. very nice, maybe a little too nice, i got a sun burn. you know how it goes, lotion up the kids and nieces and nephew, then i forget to lotion myself! this is not the first time i have left me out of the sun scream slathering, and i am paying for it. my face, chest, and arms are a beautiful glowing pink. i do have some after sun lotion and that soothes the heat from the skin fairly quickly. well, what did i do to get such a burn? we played baseball of course! very informal, but tons of fun. all the kids got into it, even little Jezz Man had a "turn" at bat (daddy-o held him). after that daddy-o set up the net and we played volley ball. i like that one, but it is more difficult for the little ones. finally, my favorite bad mitten. yes, we played for two hours. that is when the sun was most intense too. well it was fun, and i will try to put lotion on myself next time. daddy-o and the kiddlets got me a new charm for my family neclace, i will try to get a photo up soon. now my charm family is complete. a little man on the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

...your thoughts...