Friday, July 31, 2009

new craziness

right, like life wasn't crazy enough... well here it goes. i have been feeling so rushed and out of sorts lately. life has been chugging along and i have not had the time to blog about what is happening. i will be posting a my july in review and photos post soon. for the iheartfaces and for my just started project 365. i am enjoying p365. that is when i remember to take a photo before noon. (or midnight for that matter) now you must know that i am currently working the graveyard shift at a local hotel. (to find out which, look for the pic in my p365 post coming later) working graves is a life which i am not used to. i am up all night then i go home to see a sleeping family. yes they all sleep until at least 8a. then i try to do a few and i do mean FEW chores. and then i am off to bed. i sleep til about 1 or 2 p. then up to watch kiddos while daddy-o tries to get some of his work done. and i have to try to remember to take a photo of something, but not of the same thing i did the day before... daddy-o is working as a temporary part-time stocker (not the creepy kind) at the local home improvement store. he works 8:30p-2a. so the kids are with grandparents the nights we both end up working. this is not great for the kids, but at least they are sleeping and not getting too much grandparent overload. and it is summer time, so school hasn't been an issue...yet. it feels like i am a single parent or possibly divorced for as much as i don't see daddy-o. just for the kid exchange and a quick kiss, then one or the other off to work. my nights off, he usually works, his nights off i am working. grr... do i even know this man who is raising my kids?? i have a whole new level of respect for my mom. she raised me all by herself, with the help of her parents, but still. i know i was a hand full at times. (my dad passed away when i was 2 1/2) almost three months of this crazy schedule, and i am feeling alone, sad, and tired. when will i have the same days of (or even day) as daddy-o? can we have a day that there is nothing to do or plan for or clean up? i need to reconnect with my little family and get happier again. so as an employee of this great hotel, i get to do a guest experience stay, for free! and this week, i actually have sat off and so does daddy-o. my mother-in-law works at the same hotel and she went to the general manager and asked if i could use my free employee stay this sat. and boss said yes! grandma-jo and papa will have the kids and daddy-o and i have a jacuzzi suite. i am looking forward to being uninterrupted while in his arms...you moms out there know what i mean... i will let you know some of the details later. hope your sat is great! thanks for reading...

1 comment:

  1. LOL... you can leave the details out on your stay with your husband! :D

    Gosh girlie you have so much going on. My husband and I had to do that last year to make ends meet. He has his own plumbing business here in the valley and... well... you have seen what the economy has done to contractors around here so after five years of being a stay at home mommy I headed off to work serving at a restaurant in the evenings. I only had to do it for about 6 months and we found alternative ways to bring in some income. But now we are seeing the economy slowly turn and my husband has picked up a lot of work outside of the valley.

    I am always amazed at how God has provided for our family even when things look glim. You and your husband need this weekend and I hope it brings you some happiness to hold on too until you get through these times. I don't envy your situation but I envy all your strength and I know in the end everything will work out!

    ReplyDelete

...your thoughts...