Wednesday, July 1, 2009

encouragement verse for today

daddy-o has been a bit discouraged as of late. bills keep piling and money is scarce, as is the food for that matter, but the love is eye deep around here and that is what we are clinging to at this time. this post is to remind us (and you if you need it) that God is with us. He cares for us and loves us. i have been looking for some encouraging texts to share with daddy-o. i think i will print some and tape them to the bathroom mirror so we will see them often. here is one that i will use today:
But you, O Lord, are a shield around me, my glory, and the one who lifts my head high. I cried out to the Lord, and he answered me from his holy mountain. I lay down and slept. I woke up in safety, for the Lord was watching over me. Psalm 3:3-5
what are some of your favorite verses that you turn to for strength? i would love to know. i also like this one:
The Lord lives! Blessed be my rock! May the God of my salvation be exalted! Psalm 18:46

1 comment:

  1. That is a verse I have clinged to as well! God is so faithful when we claim His promised provision--He always comes through! I will be praying for you and yours right now--I know times are hard and our men feel it the most.

    ReplyDelete

...your thoughts...